question - NGC & NGO files & integration

Dear all,

I need some help with this one.

I am integrating a design of somebody who's been designing using schematic and VHDL code generation. Consequently, a direct VHDL synthesis results in 500+ warnings during XST and another 500+ during NGDBuild and MAP that are inevitable & annoying, yet this block is not simulated in a full system environment, so it makes a lot of sense to integrate it after XST, i.e. use its netlist for NDG Build.

So, I have an NGC file. I am running NDGbuild and there are some instances that are missing, therefore I get error messages. the instances that are missing are found in /_ngo_/ folder of the delivery (there is synthesis of this block stand-alone as well). I know that modular design could be a nice solution, but for technical reasons this option of out of consideration.

So, the question is how do I merge this NGC and link place and route tool to those NGO files? I feel like this is a simple thing to do, but...

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

Vladislav

Reply to
Vladislav Muravin

add NGO files directory under translation prorperty "macro search path".

-James

Reply to
dexue