XST -read_cores YES doesn't merge the NGC into the compiled file...

Hi, there:

Is there anyway to merge the NGC cores from 3rd party vendors into my final NGC file? I found -read_cores YES only read in the NGC file for analysis...

Best Regards, Kelvin

Reply to
kelvin8157

I think you have to instantiate your cores as black boxes for synthesis, and then integrate them into the design during the translate stage

You can run PAR and use the floorplanner to capture your new (bigger) NGC core. XAPP 422 has all the details.

That's the way I do it, but it may not be the only solution.

Fernando Ortiz

Reply to
Fernando

You can merge netlists together through ngcbuild (not ngdbuild). Ncgbuild would then merge all the netlist into a single ngc file. This was introduced in 6.2i.

I f> Hi, there:

--
/ 7\'7 Paulo Dutra (paulo.dutra@xilinx.com)
\ \ `  Xilinx                              hotline@xilinx.com

yeah, that was the way i did it. but i think it is a good idea to give user the option to merge NGC files...i am glad ise-6.2 has implemented that.

Kelvin

final

Reply to
kelvin8157