Question for the EDK ppc users ...

Hi all, my question is as follows, I am now going through a ppc design that I would like to run as follows : I need to use a internal BRAM for boot sequence and a NAND FLASH to contain all the code. the code will be placed and run on external SRAM. My question are as follows:

1) what should I choose as internal BRAM IF OCM or PLB_CTLR ? 2) Are there any better ways to design such a system ? Thanks in advance, Mordehay?
Reply to
me_2003

Another try for an answer, anyone please :-) .....?

Reply to
me_2003

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

doesnt really matter

what is your question? if NAND is the cheapest NV memory ? or what?

if you need more than 8MB of NV memory then NAND is a good choice

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

To your first question:

If I understand correctly OCM runs at the CPU clock and thus anything you put on that bus will affect the max achievable CPU speed, at least that's the impression I got when I actually tried implementing some big OCM memory... I believe most of the designs use PLB_BRAM controllers...

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

OCM runs at an N:1 ratio of the CPU clock where N={1,2,3,..[see OCM docs for max. divider]} and, with that, does not affect the maximum CPU frequency.

- Peter

MM wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser