QuartusII Web Edition software question

Hi All, I am new to Quartus II, and am trying to run a functional simulation. I am using the "Vector Waveform Editor" and put in input nodes and some of the output nodes that I want to see. However, when I run the functional simulation, I do not see the waveforms for some of the input/output nodes. The warnings say: "Can't find node for functional simulation. Ignored vector source file node." The warning for the inputs is: "Can't find signal in vector source file for input pin ."

How do I fix this error? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Kiran

Hi Kiran,

This warning occurs when after synthesis, the node you intend to see is buried inside a logic element or is optimized away completely.

The best thing to do is to go to the Assignment Organizer (Ctrl+Shift+A) and do the following:

In the "To" field, add the name of the node that disappeared in the simulation. In the "Assignment Name" field, choose the "Implement as output of logic cell", and in the "Value" field, choose "On".

Do this for all the nodes that disappeared (buses and wildcards are OK when entering the assignment) an you should be OK.

PS: Have a look at

- It's a specialized forum for Altera users, and lots of people from Altera themselves are posting answers and suggestions there.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra

Reply to
Kiran

Use the ModelSim-Altera Web Edition simulator instead:

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler