Quartus software and dual-purpose pins

I'm designing a Cyclone device and am having problems with one pin.

I want to use the configuration pin ASDO as an I/O pin after my device finishes active serial configuration. I assigned my I/O to that pin but the fitter barks at me that it "Can't place node ~ASDO~ in location 37 because location already occupied by Q[0]"

I went to Assignments... Device... Device & Pin Options... Dual-Purpose Pins, but the setting for ASDO is greyed out.

How do I tell Quartus to let me use that pin as an I/O pin after AS configuration?

Thanks,

-Nevo

Reply to
Nevo

finishes active serial

it "Can't place node

but the setting for

configuration?

It's not explicitly defined on that config page but looking at it I'd say that if you're using active serial config then ADS0 isn't later available as a user IO pin.

Probably worth confirming with an Altera FAE.

Nial

---------------------------------------------------------- Nial Stewart Developments Ltd Tel: +44 131 561 6291

42/2 Hardengreen Business Park Fax: +44 131 561 6327 Dalkeith, Midlothian EH22 3NU
Nial Stewart

"Nial Stewart" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

its doable, but you need to use ASMI prmitive

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Cyclone does not support the use of the ASDO pin as an I/O after Active Serial configuration. See:

Go to page 48 and look for ASDO "User Mode" in the table.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Guardiani