Quartus II megafunction

Dear,

I am trying to create a Single Port Ram, using MegaWizard Plug in Manager in Quartus II 4.0. So I choose the Storage section: LPM_RAM_IO (which should have only one port for read/write), after typing the name, and clicking next, the function return to LPM_RAM_DQ (which has one port input and one output). Did anyone has this bug before??

I even checked the entity of the LPM_RAM_IO and there is dio[] inout port...LPM_RAM_DQ and LPM_RAM_IO are completely different modules!!!

Any help is much appreciated, regards, Ahmad.

Reply to
Ahmad

I havent seen this bug but wouldn't it be better to directly instantiate the single port ram in your code rather than using the wizard function?From what i have seen all they do is generate a standard instatiation with all the correct values plugged in. I don't use them myself because most of the time they seem more trouble then they are worth.

Reply to
Jezwold

There are those using the schematic approach...

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

This is true I can see that would be a problem if all your wizards called the wrong functions.It might make for an interesting design.It might produce something far more exciting than you originaly planned.

Reply to
Jezwold