Quartus II 3.0 Release & Web Edition Download Links

Quartus II software version 3.0 is now available on the PC, Solaris, Red Hat Linux, and HP-UX operating systems. Customer CD shipments will be made from July 11 - July 21. The Web Edition is available for download now.

Learn about the new features in Quartus II version 3.0 at

For general Quartus II software information visit

To download the free Quartus II Web Edition software for PCs visit

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

why altera doesn't provid QuartusII Web Edition for Linux?

Reply to
leon qin

"Subroto Datta" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Windows9x is no more supported?

Reply to
Valeria Dal Monte

Quartus II 2.2 SP2 is the last version that supports Windows 98.

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

Hi Valeria,

Nope. Then again, if you're doing any serious development, W98 is not really the right platform.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra

Hi Leon,

I wouldn't mind either, but they are licensing the GUI libraries from another company and they have to pay a substantial sum of money per copy of Quartus [whatever edition] running at a customer, so they won't be giving a Linux GUI for free.

Once the documentation for it is out you may want to learn about Quartus scripting, and then start asking for free Linux Web Edition command-line tools. At least those do not share this third-party stuff.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra

I always find it amusing when people say that older software and hardware are not for "serious" development anymore. Sure there are better systems and software out now, but five year old software and computer hardware do not lose any capabilities. Unlike mechanical devices which wear out and degrade with time, computers run just as well

10 years later as they did the day they were new. I used my last PC with Windows 95 for five years. The real reason I gave it up was because vendors dropped support for 95.

Windows 98 is a stable platform and requires less hardware support to make it function well. As long as you can get the software you want and it is still supported on your platform, why upgrade? Win98 still works just as well as it did when it came out in 1999, in fact, better!

--
Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
 Click to see the full signature