Putting TNM on a FF inside vhdl

When i use the syntax: attribute TNM of flop: signal is "test";

The TNM is attached to the output *net* of flop. I want to attach the TNM to the *flipflop* itself (like I do on the schematics by attatching TNM on the symbol) I also tried portmapping like this:

component FD generic ( TNM:STRING:="test" ); port ( D : in std_logic; C : in std_logic; Q : out std_logic ); end component;

...and use this for my flop, but this TNM disappeared totally. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone know how to do this properly?

Thx

Reply to
Morten Leikvoll