Modelsim

Does anyone know if its possible to change the waveform signals so that they are in hex instead of binary. I dont want to do it manually but just have it come up in hex when the design is loaded.

Thanks

Jon

maxascent

My modelsim.ini contains the following lines in the [vsim] section:

; Default radix for all windows and commands. ; Set to symbolic, ascii, binary, octal, decimal, hex, unsigned DefaultRadix = symbolic

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Thanks Allan

I forgot to look in the .ini file

Jon

maxascent

you can also type radix hex in the command console or add it to your .do file

Reply to
rndhro

that

Ok thanks,

Jon

maxascent

Manually tweak the waves so at least some of them look the way you want. Then, in the wave window, pick menu File/SaveFormat. This will save you a "wave.do" file, which is just a big messy Tcl script. You can replay that into the wave viewer any time, or you can pick individual lines from it and modify them to taste to create your custom setup script, and then execute that on the command line using vsim -do my_script.tcl

It's a good idea to save the wave format first, because that file contains a lot of unusual but straightforward commands to adjust wave view that would take you ages to find by reading the docs.

--
Jonathan Bromley
Reply to