ML501 finally released

I'm surprised none have mentioned it, but the Xilinx ML501 has finally been released officially, even though it's not available online yet.

Press release:

Board info:

It looks to be a very compelling kit. Unfortunately for me, the XC5VLX50 isn't supported by the WebPACK and unlike with the original ML401 release, software is _not_ included so unless you can afford the full ISE package also, don't bother.

Tommy

Reply to
Tommy Thorn

We now have the ML501 boards available in the online store for ordering. The easiest link is from here:

-> Online Store

We built plenty of them, heck even Antti got one, so come and get 'em.

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Tommy Thorn schrieb:

If Xilinx has the same policy regarding WebPack as with Virtex-4 then I would expect WebPack 9.x to support V-5 LX30,LX50 (and smallest FX) In the meantime you can get 8.2 60-day eval, and who knows in 60 days the

9.1 maybe released?

Of course it may also be possible that WebPack will not include V-5 ever this is of course big hit tho those who had Base-X license what was reduced to WebPack (as BaseX featured are now in WebPack).

Well we have to wait, ISE 8.2 is not going to support whole V-5 family anyway, so things will get more clear with 9.x release I suppose.

Antti

Reply to
Antti