microblaze with opb, brams?

hi all

I am wondering if it is feasible for OPB to connect microblaze and BRAMS.

For instance, OPB connects one microblaze and 2 64KB BRAMS (with different address map). Each BRAM is instruction/data dual port. So programmer may consider the system has 128 KB memory space.

How do you find this scheme? Are there any other things to consider?

thankyou for reply

Reply to
Jack

Hi,

You can have as many BRAM memory blocks (up to the limit of your FPGA) on LMB and OPB.

One the LMB, just create two bram blocks and four lmb bram controllers and two lmb busses.

One the OPB, you can either have one OPB bus with two opb bram controller. This is a now a shared bus between instruction and data side of MicroBlaze. IF you want more speed you can create two OPB busses and do the same as for the LMB.

All this is very easy to do in the XPS tool.

I would go for the LMB since it has lower latency for memory access than the OPB.

Göran

Jack wrote:

Reply to
Göran Bilski