Question about using LMB to connect BRAM in MicroBlaze

I am trying to create a MicroBlaze system with 8K instruction memory and 16K data memory. So I use includes a 8K Bram in my system and connected to the ilmb bus and a 16k Bram connected to the dlmb bus and give them non-overlapped address range. When I tried to debug my program by connecting it to the virtual system, it gives me the error " Vpconnect mb i, dlmb address maps should match VP target failed.

I understand that ilmb dlmb actually are using the same lmb_bram_if_cntlr and LMB bus. Different address should be the only way to tell the difference. But how can I tell where should the data be stored in my high level C program. It seems that the MicroBlaze will automatically store data after the instruction section. Similarly, if I want to use a shared memory place for two MicroBlaze, where can I give the information in the high level C program where the shared memory is.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Reply to
fpga

"fpga" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

you can place code and data in any place you want by writing proper linker scripts

the virtual platform possible isnt supporting the case where the ilmb and dlb addresses don match as it is very seldom the case

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Thank you very much.