Looking for literature on microprogrammed machines

I am interested in studying the implementation of simple microprocessors and microprogrammed/microcoded machines and would like some literature pointers.

I still have my university text, "The Architecture of Microprocessors" by Francois Anceau... but I find it as hard to read now as I did back in '88.

Any recommended texts?

Thanks, Paul.

Reply to
Paul Marciano

This online book should answer most of your questions

and

Philip Freidin

Philip Freidin Fliptronics

Reply to
Philip Freidin

Thanks Philip - that's exactly what I was looking for.

Regards, Paul.

Reply to
Paul Marciano

I don't know if you can buy it any more, but the bible was 'Bit-slice microprocessor design', Mick and Brick, 0-07-041781-4. Very easy reading, very practical. For the theoretical stuff you can get Hennessy & Patterson, though you probably wont need to read any of it.

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Thanks Paul - I found it used at Amazon.

Got that one already, but I'd be lying if I said I'd read much of it ;-)

Thanks again, Paul.

Reply to
Paul Marciano