looking for free simple task scheduler in c

I am looking for a free and simple task scheduler written in C
(basically, a template/framework so I will expand it to fit my need).
If you happen to know one then please either reply to this post or send
link directly to my mail at:  khuedinhpham at yahoo dot com.  I did
search through google but could not find one and on my way to write one
for myself if I could not find it in the next couple days.

Thanks,

Khue

Re: looking for free simple task scheduler in c

I had one firmware project that used a simple for(;;) loop and a linked
list of function pointers. Tasks can be added and removed from the
linked list as required. Each task is written in a way that cannot block
(good for state machine based tasks). The first task could be used to do
housekeeping on the rest of the list. I don't have a template but it
would not be hard to make...

  -R

Re: looking for free simple task scheduler in c

Search for a package called CTASK. The last time I found it the file
was ctask22d.zip. It has full public domain source code for a simple
multi-tasking kernel in C and 8086 assembler. I used it on DR-DOS with
MASM 6.0 and MSC 6.0 for several years. That application is still in
the field.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

Re: looking for free simple task scheduler in c
Thanks all for your pointer/help.  I finally get around with what I
need.  Basically I got a backend database to hold the task schedule
info (e.g. what to run, when to run, recurrence, etc.) and I need the
scheduler to read the database (at the start of any minute) and check
for at that particular time are there any job to run (cron job type of
thing), if the time in the record exactly matchs with the current local
time then it will spin of a thread run the appropriate command.  The
hard part (may be for me only :-) is how to get the program knows at
the time the clock is click over to the next minute so it will initiate
the checking procedure.  I got that resolved last night.  The rest of
the stuff are easy enough for me to continue.

Again, thank so much for all the help.

Regards,

Khue

need).