ISE 14.6 and picoblaze synthesis problem (translate_on/off directives ignored ?)

Hello I am trying to implement a design containing a picoBlaze (source code I hav e already used numerous times) in a new project with ISE 14.6, and synthesi s chokes on the numerous INIT parameters that are encased in translate_off/ translate_on directives and should therefore be ignored. Has the directives support changed since previous versions ? Is there some setting I should have set when creating the project ?

Nicolas

Reply to
nmatringe

Some older sources use "synopsis translate_on/_off" rather than "synthesis translate_on/_off" syntax. If this is the problem in PicoBlaze, the synopsis syntax may have been deprecated.

--
Gabor
Reply to

have already used numerous times) in a new project with ISE 14.6, and synth esis chokes on the numerous INIT parameters that are encased in translate_o ff/translate_on directives and should therefore be ignored.

It seems to me that the documentation mentions "synopsis" as a valid direct ive, unless I read an old version. Anyway the source actually uses "synthes is" as a key word.

What puzzles me the most is that older projects using the exact same pB sou rce (I diffed the files) imported into 14.6 implement just fine.

Nicolas

Reply to
nmatringe

ource (I diffed the files) imported into 14.6 implement just fine.

The problem is actually with attributes, not with the generic parameters an d synthesis directives. I'm still puzzled older design work...

An example of error message I get: ERROR:Xst:3154 - "C:\Users\nmatring\Documents\NGC_sniffer\FPGA\src\kcpsm3.v hd". Line 289. Unable to set attribute "INIT" with value "1" on instance of block . This property is already defined with value "0 " on the block definition by a VHDL generic or a Verilog parameter. Apply t he desired value by overriding the default VHDL generic or Verilog paramete r. Using an attribute is not allowed.

Nicolas

Reply to
nmatringe

Silly me...

My older projects were targetting Spartan 3 and weren't impacted. Case closed.

Nicolas

Reply to
nmatringe

You didn't mention the new target device, but I assume it is

6-series or newer? That's when the "new parser" was introduced.
--
Gabor
Reply to