synthesis problem

Hello

I have a strange problem. I am trying to implement a decoder as a plb peripheral. The problem appears when I am trying to synthesis the core. Sometimes it synthesises properly using up 34 block rams. But sometimes, it doesn't. Can anybody give any reasonable explanations for this. I am using Xilinx XPS for synthesising and downloading. I have the IMP_NETLIST = TRUE in my .mpd file.

Joey

Reply to
Joey

A little more info would be helpful... What happens if it doesn't synthesize "properly"? Any error messages?

cu, Sean

Reply to
Sean Durkin

No. no error messages. But sometimes, and only sometimes, bitgen fails and the usual "Send error report to microsoft" window will appear. But as I said, only sometimes.

"Sean Durk> > Hello

it

Reply to
Joey

I usually get this "Send error report... " error message from bitgen when there is a write lock on the bit file that I want to write to (using -w option). After multiple overwrites to the bit file, the bit file somehow gets a write lock. Choosing a different bit file removes that error.

-Love

Reply to
Love Singhal