ISE : Synthesis process hangs

We are trying to implement a decoder design on a Spartan II(2s200), and when I run the Synthesize process, the message window shows that all verilog modules are being compiled, however the process seems to take forever when it is trying the compile the unisim_comp.v file which is provided by ISE. Can anybody guess what the problem could be and/or the possible solution. Thanks in advance

Reply to
Rajeshwary

Hi Rajeshwary, The uniSIM library is for simulation. It has verilog models of all the primitives that, in your case, comprise a Spartan II, so that your simulator knows what each primitive does. You don't want or need to synthesise this, so don't include it in your compile list. HTH, Syms.

Reply to
Symon