IIR filter example ?

Does anyone knows where I can find an example of an IIR filter in VHDL ? = It is incredible, I can't find one on google...=20 thanks,

Erik !

Reply to
Erik Verhagen

incredible, I can't find one on google...

process(clk) begin wait until rising_edge(clk); output

Reply to
Kolja Sulimma

is incredible, I can't find one on google...

You should learn how to use Google:

Is this synthesizable?

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

I did a similar search a couple of weeks ago, but I ended up rolling my own. This will get you started:

Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

If you add a few declarations it is.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Mike,

What's the advantage of the coding style you demonstrated in this example with procedures instead of direct assignments in the process?

Thanks, /Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Since the template is always the same, I can write synth code quickly and it often works the first time.

The template separates the tasks of initialization, update, and output wiring. The procedure "update_regs" becomes a distilled functional description without any wires or boilerplate spoiling the view.

I can simulate simple variable updates in my head because the description uses present values only. There are no signals.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Not exactly legal vhdl, but close. I don't think you can have a sensitivity list and a wait statement in the same process. Remove the sensitivity list and you're good to go, with the correct declarations.

Andy