How to specify a package in Xilinx 8.1i

Hi, I need your help.

I have 4 vhdl source files: A-Package.vhd; A1.vhd; A2.vhd; A3.vhd;

A-Package.vhd is a package defining all common functions and constants used in all other modules.

If the 4 files are in the above order, Modelsim runs them without any errors.

But with Xilinx 8.1i, errors happen.

The following is in more details.

In A1.vhd, it is a top module and there are generic definitions: generic( DATABITS : integer := DATA_BITS; MODEBITS : integer := MODE_BITS; );

A2.vhd and A3.vhd are components called by A1.vhd and have the same generic definitions: generic( DATABITS : integer := DATA_BITS; MODEBITS : integer := MODE_BITS; );

I specify DATA_BITS/MODE_BITS in a global package A-Package.vhd. constant DATA_BITS : integer := 6; constant MODE_BITS : integer := 3;

In instantiations in A1, A2 and A3: generic map( DATABITS => DATA_BITS, MODEBITS => MODE_BITS ) port map( ...);

When running with ModelSim, there is no error, A-Package is first compiled and DATA_BITS and MODE_BITS are specified.

When running with Xilinx 8.1i, there are following warning and errors: WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "DATABITS 6": Did not attach to C0. WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "MODEBITS 3": Did not attach to C0. WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "DATABITS 6": Did not attach to C11. WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "MODEBITS 3": Did not attach to C11. ... ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'C0' with type 'ControlBlock_In_0C' could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'ControlBlock_In_0C' is not supported in target 'acr2'. ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'C11' with type 'ControlBlock_In_0C' could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'ControlBlock_In_0C' is not supported in target 'acr2'.

The problem is the ERROR MESSAGE DOESN'T CONTAIN THE MISSING OR MISSPELLING PIN NAMES so that I cannot identify what pin is wrong.

I checked my instantiation code, and all pin names are matched. And ModelSim runs without errors.

Thank you.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

Sorry. The problem is resolved.

The reason is that the project file doesn't contain the lower module files while in its project file, lower level module names are shown.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang