How to specify path to makefile.options?

I use system variable to specify location of makefile.options as follows:

System Variable Name: CCASE_OPTS_SPECS System Variable Value: C:\home\makefile.options

If instead I need to place makefile.options in some common versioned network folder, how can I do that? The drive letter will be a variable depending on which drive users have their view mounted to.

thanks!

janii

Why would you want to in the first place? And why would this makefile fragment need any different treatment in this regard from all the other files that are, rather properly, also kept on that ClearCase (or whatever other contraption you use) mount?

I'd start by forbidding users from mucking up their configurations that badly.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

Have you experimented with the \\HOSTNAME\pathname syntax?

Now *there's* the problem ----^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :<

Reply to
D Yuniskis

I think the OP is being mislead by IBM's documentation. Given the fact a system environment variable (OMG WTF BBQ) is being set they have probably read

However the documentation for clearmake itself seems to suggest that it reads a variety of locations on both Unix and Windows

(see the description section)

For avoidance of doubt I've never used ClearCase and hope never to have to use it.

-p

--
Paul Gotch
Paul Gotch

follows:

Yes, I have experimented with UNC syntax but it looks like clearmake doesn't recognize UNC paths.

janii