How to generate a PROM file and then burn it on FPGA

Hi,

I am using ML403 board with Virtex-4. I need to generate and download a PROM file into the PROM and then use it after I switch it OFF and then again ON. Can anyone please help me out in doing so??

Thanks and regards, Sandip

Reply to
Sandip

me_2003

hi Sandip,

Read "ISE 8.2i Quick Start Tutorial", the last step is telling you how to configure a device.

However, it has not mentioned, how to generate a .bit file for FPGA and a .mcs file for PROM, you can change the properties in ISE, or done it with BITGEN and PROMGEN(read Development System Reference Guide for details).

have fun :)

Cheng

Sandip schrieb:

Reply to
uvbaz

Hi Mordehay, I have done this a few times, but was unsucessful with the IMPACT tool to download into the board. If there is some elaboration on what options to choose and few steps would be great.

Thanks and regards, Sandip

me snipped-for-privacy@walla.co.il wrote:

Reply to
Sandip

I've attached a tutorial that I found in the web I hope it will help you to proceed. goodluck, Mordehay.

Sandip wrote:

Reply to
me_2003

Hey Mordehay,