ISE 8.1, EDK 8.1 installation

I want to upgrade my EDK and ISE to 8.1 version from 7.1 versions.I am using linux OS. I want to ask those who have already upgraded to edk 8.1 in linux.Do I need to uninstall the 7.1 version before going ahead with the 8.1 installation or can I just go ahead and install 8.1 and then change the $XILINX and $XILINX_EDK Paths? Thanks, Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh

You can keep both, since you can set up the correct environment variables using shell scripts located at the root directory of you're installation. On the other hand, I strongly recomend you to make a backup of your 7.1 projects before opening them with version 8.1, since the project files are upgraded and there's theoricaly no way back if something bad happens...

Manu

Nitesh a écrit :

Reply to
manu