DSOCM BRAM I/F Controller

I have read the literature on the the Xilinx DSOCM IF Controller but have a question.

Does this piece of IP need to be connected to the DCR Bus in order to get at the DCR registers - currently in my EDK graphic I only have it attached to the BRAM it controls and straight into the PPC.

If not how do I access the DCR regs for this IP - I have tried mfdcr and mtdcr before from within my software but cannnot compile as there appears to be no ".obj" for them.

AM I being daft ?

Reply to
Voxer

You can connect the on port of the BRAM to the DSOCM interface of the ppc. That enables you to direcly read and write to the BRAM on one port. On the other port you can connect the BRAM to any other stuff µC or VHDL-process. I did not use the DCR registers. What do you plan to do with them?

Reply to
Andi

I'm not really sure what I want to do with them - if anything.

However, if I do need to use them what do I do ??

I see that the DSCNTL register can be used to set up clock ratios when the PPC and BRAM are being clocked at different speeds. If I need to do this how will I set this reg up if I cant see it ???

That enables you to direcly read and write to the BRAM on one port. On the other port you can connect the BRAM to any other stuff µC or VHDL-process. I did not use the DCR registers. What do you plan to do with them?

Reply to
Voxer

Include xpseudo_asm.h into your C source code to make mfdcr() and mtdcr() available.

- Peter

Voxer wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser