Does this group allow JobPostings?

I am a senior technical recruiter with a very reputable firm, Common Agenda. I have postitions to post in the SF Bay Area and very real. My client company is actively interviewing.

Please advise if it is acceptable to post here.

Eve Ellsworth

Senior Recruiter Common Agenda, LLP Tel: (732) 223-7114 Ext. 108

Fax: (732) 223-7116 Email: snipped-for-privacy@commonagenda.com

Web:

...Partnering with progressive companies in the quest for exceptional talent...

Reply to
EveEllsworth

I am a senior technical recruiter with a very reputable firm, Common Agenda. I have postitions to post in the SF Bay Area and very real. My client company is actively interviewing.

Please advise if it is acceptable to post here.

Eve Ellsworth

Senior Recruiter Common Agenda, LLP Tel: (732) 223-7114 Ext. 108

Fax: (732) 223-7116 Email: snipped-for-privacy@commonagenda.com

Web:

...Partnering with progressive companies in the quest for exceptional talent...

Reply to
EveEllsworth

What other kind of interviewing is there? How do you passively interview? Syms.

Reply to
Symon

This is an unmoderated newsgroup, so there is nobody to answer your question. I would say if you keep it short and sweet, and do not double-post (as you did), the reaction will be positive. If you ramble, it will be negative. There are people who are eager to make a change, and there still is unemployment....

Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

And only if they are FPGA related, please!!

I see far more recruiters chasing me after analog, RF, power supply, but never come back with any FPGA breaks.

Otherwise go ahead

johnjakson at usa dot com

Reply to
JJ

I have only been reading this group for a very short time, so I can't speak for the group. But it doesn't seem very cohesive, so I doubt you will encounter organized resistance.

Still, AFAIK, job postings are off-topic in technical groups, and generally frowned upon.

If the job is not clearly FPGA related, you DEFINITELY should not post it here.

If you want to play it safe, post the add somewhere else, e.g., craigslist (which you should use for sure, since it is free), and just put a very brief link here in the newsgroup to the craigslist ad.

If you are going to take out a paid ad, I recommend the San Jose Mercury News Sunday classifieds. You can also use the SF Chronicle Sunday classifieds, if the job is actually in San Francisco or one of the immediately adjacent cities such as South San Francisco, Brisbane, Daly City, or Colma. Otherwise just use the Mercury News.

I'm sure you'll get lots of responses. ;-)

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

In article , EveEllsworth writes

Technical group, no ads please.

If one is allowed, others will follow and the group will be flooded so please don't.

--
fred
Reply to

This is an international newsgroup - if you want to post something that is specific to some little country south of Canada, have the courtesy to the newsgroup and the pride in your country to make it clear which country you are referring to, both in the subject line and in the post, and remember that your post is irrelevant to a large proportion of readers (unless you are willing to pay *large* moving fees!).

Reply to
David

BEWARE OF COMMON AGENDA.....

THE REAL NAME OF THIS SO CALLED PRACTICE, Should be

HIDDEN AGENDA....IT IS MY BELIEF THAT ALL THESE PEOPLE DO IS COLLEC AND SELL RESUME"S, THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW YOU"LL BE GETTING A PHON CALL FROM SOMEBODY TRYING TO SELL YOU GOD KNOWS WHAT......IT IS M BELIEF THEY ARE IN NO WAY REPUTABLE

I SHOULD KNOW

KATH

Reply to
kathy