Anyone moderate this group?

I have my filters set for the usual swear words, ads for sex objects, war, politics, and the like. Today, 50 of the messages were killed by my filtes.

Isn't anyone moderating this group?

Al

Reply to
Al

This is a Usenet news group, it's open to all. Your only option is to keep adding people to your block list.

www.interfacebus.com

Is that an attempt at humor? It IS funny.

Reply to
Don Bowey

"Newsgroups"

snipped-for-privacy@24-25-197-25.san.rr.com

Some groups BECOME moderated. The ones that start out as moderated generally have .moderated in their names. This group is neither of those.

*-moderated-newsgroup-archives+get-the-latest-version+zz-zz+also.availablenews:ual snipped-for-privacy@Sterling.COM

...and if this *was* a moderated group, there would be a big squawk when people cross-posted:

snipped-for-privacy@ledelec.demon.co.uk

Reply to
JeffM

I do. Suck it up.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:12:04 GMT, Al Gave us:

Do you know anything about Usenet?

This isn't some lame IRC chat room.

NO, it is an UNmoderated group.

Bone up on Usenet. Do your own research.

Locate and read the CHARTER for this group.

Reply to
SuperM

And keep your head down for a while -- every once in a while an unmoderated Usenet news group will get a herd of idiots trampling through. Every time I've seen this happen they get tired after a while and go away.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:18:51 -0700, Tim Wescott Gave us:

They produce far more methane than all the domestic raised cattle in the world.

Reply to
SuperM

Al wrote in news:no.spam-C2AD93.08112322042007 @news.verizon.net:

I was until MassiveProng netkopped me. He's against free speech.

Reply to
Niemadre

Al wrote in news:no.spam-C2AD93.08112322042007 @news.verizon.net:

my

!!troll!!

--
blu*goddess.of.groundhogs*juju
          blu 3=3

No. One of our former contributors got into a snit and started his own, moderated group, then began shoplifting our posts. His proper, professional, moderated group averages a post a month, mostly his own.

John

Trouble is every time they do leave off YOU threaten and flame and it always starts over.

Typical

It seems YOU are the main problem.

You are addicted to abusing people and ten report them if they fight back.

You have kill filed yourself, changed your nym and continue to throw gasoline on fires.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

?Good alternate energy source?

Reply to
Robert Baer

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:21:13 -0700, Brandon D Cartwright Gave us:

Go crawl back under your rock, retard.

Reply to
SuperM

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:34:34 GMT, Robert Baer Gave us:

No, theirs stinks worse than any other form on the planet, including rotted eggs.

Reply to
SuperM

What an excellent example of your shortsighted tactics you instantly provide.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

are you really that stupid that you can't see "they" is YOU!

you are definately suffering from a pyschosis of one form or another - one with evident pschitzoid tendancies

Reply to
feebo