GPS group? or is there one which does this?

G'Day,

I'm hoping to find a GPS unit which has the option of displaying the target destination, and the current location in an overview screen "Where you want to be is 3km north of here" with an overhead map.

For emergency response, it's sometimes better to go directly to the scene, than go to the station, and then go back.

is there a model of GPS unit which offers what I'm hunting for?

is there a group for GPS enthusiasts who'd know the features of the current offerings?

Thanks, Des

Reply to
des bromilow

Used to be newsgroup sci.geo-satellite, but the last time I looked, it was pretty noisy.

There is lots of good info on

but it takes a bit of digging. Members are usually good at answering questions on current commercial products.

In fact many of the current GPS mapping units will allow you to pan around anywhere you like on the map, to show areas near the target, rather than just where you are now. Certainly my Garmin 255 will do that.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

So do the Tomtom family, and navigators that run derivatives of iGO software(mio, uniden, cheap chinese units etc).

--
What is the difference between a duck?
Reply to