delta sigma adc.....

hi....I want to implement Sigma Delta ADC in Spartan 3E starter kit....i have implemented it as xilinx's xapp-155.....in ise it works well for 8 bit....but give problem for 16 bit.....When i open it in sysgen it now work.......actually in program the dac.v is included......i dont know how to open that include file in sysgen....please help........if any one have verilog or vhdl code for that please send me........and i want to interface the exeternal ADC also.....so please help me......

Reply to
krunal

.-. - ..-. -- .... - .... ... -.-- -- ...

Reply to
Symon

\ /

- - / \

\ /

- - - /

\ \ / \| - - /| |

/ | \ /

- - - - - - - \ | / /| / |

?
Reply to
Symon

Syms,

Morose vode?

Austin

Reply to
austin

I was inspired by this:-

Sorry! Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Syms,

Thanks! Wonderful.

In all seriousness, I would suggest we treat the newbies with a little more patience. It isn't easy starting out in this field. I know these folks will not become your customers, but they might someday be mine.

Austin

Reply to
austin

Your code says newsgrouop. I always thought that we spelled things the same in morse and in english.

I got my license fifty years ago next month but it has been a long time since I received code.

Reply to
none

None,

I can proficiently miss-spell at close to 18 WPM!

My wife and I got our licenses not long after October 17, 1989...

The Loma Prieta earthquake fault line is ~ 1.5 miles due south of my house.

I didn't get home for 12 hours, and then once home, the secondary faulting and collapse of roads and bridges left us alone for five days.

No electricity (no water, no heat, no A/C).

I just told the kids it was an extended camping trip (kerosene lanterns, picnic table in the garage, along with the white gas camp stove). My wife's parents sent by UPS bottled water, tp, and some other incidentals (remember UPS and FedEx are allowed through to deliver in a disaster zone, and they will deliver if they can!).

1 in 5 of my neighbors lost their homes.

We just lost all the dishes.

My wife's description was "first the wall hit me, then the floor hit me, and then the wall hit me again."

So, a ham license had been on my list since I was 14, and I finally learned the code, and got it. My wife got the "tech Plus" no-code license (now code is not required for any license class).

Where we live, we get 'Biblical' proportion disasters: fire, flood (mud-slide), windstorm (127 MPH this last January), snow (since it hardly ever snows, this can be a disaster), earthquake, ... let's see, so far no plague, and no pestilence. Maybe next year?

Just remember: the first thing to go out in ANY emergency, is the cell phone system. The Department of Homeland Defense strongly recommends a ham license, for anyone serious about being ready for a disaster (or working with disaster response professionals). The DHS has provided funds for local repeaters, training, etc. They certainly recognize a good thing when they see it.

Hams aren't stupid, we know we get our many MHz of spectrum at the pleasure of our country, so many of us actively give back by volunteering for emergencies, and supporting our local agencies.

In my "ham life" I have trained people to be professional communicators in the event of an emergency for Santa Cruz ARES, and I have volunteered for the County Sheriff's Department since I was licensed as a "Net Command" (what they call their radio dispatch for an "incident").

I encourage everyone to think about a ham license, anywhere you are in the world, as when all else fails, we get through.

(typical of what hams do every time the lights and phones go out)

Austin, AB6VU (QTH: CM97fb)

Reply to
austin

Austin,

It's great the things that you do outside Xilinx (also). I just feel for anyone trying to understand your dots and dashes since you corrected your "neusgrouop" to "neusgruop." :-)

Your wife's description of that quake was hysterical!

.... .- .--. .--. -.-- ..-. .-. .. -.. .- -.--

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

John,

Thanks. My point (to anyone who cares) is that in the event of an emergency, even Morse code still has a real place in the world (not just in the movies).

And, yes, getting the Morse right in the subject box is tough, on my monitor it is 8pt font, and hence unreadable.

So, no more Morse (except on my keyboard and computer at home).

Did you know that S.F.B. Morse himself was unable to decode his own code by ear? He had to see it on a printed strip of paper.

Keyboard? Computer? Morse?

Yup, hams have made it to the 21st century. Most hams use an ascii keyboard to Morse code generator, so I can type as I am typing now, and send the code (without mistakes).

And, at the other end, the sound-card in the PC has a nice program that slices and dices the received audio, and provides the ascii right back out. Now the receiver program is not as good as the human brain-ear, but the programmers get better all the time, and before long, there will be a "Morse code" MODEM that is as good as the human, or better.

Already we hams have 'digital' modes, such as PSK31, which is able to receive below the signal to noise ratio of the human ear-brain!

However, you can't decode it without a computer and sound-card. Morse does have the advantage that when the computers won't or don't work, your brain still is working.

The '31' is the 31Hz wide spectrum the signal occupies, so it is efficient, too.

Austin

Reply to
austin

Austin,

I gratefully accept the rebuke.

In mitigation for my actions, I worry this newsgroup could turn into something as useless as sci.whatever.idiots which I occasionally get subjected to because of thoughtless cross postings.

I've personally learnt a lot through this newsgroup over the years, from some very smart folks. I've learnt from you too. (Kidding!) It would be a terrible shame if smart folks stopped contributing because of people who can't even take the courtesy to post coherently.

So, try this link, but, at the end, substitute 'comp.arch.fpga' for 'New Scientist' and 'FPGAs' for 'science'!

Cheers, Syms.

p.s. Are you any good on an Aldiss Lamp?

Reply to
Symon

Symon,

I sometimes feel impatient, and react poorly to posts where 10 minutes with Google, and the poster would have their answer.

However, I feel that we should all be patient. We were all ignorant at one time.

There is no supported forum for students, and those wishing to learn about FPGAs. One of their only resources is this newsgroup.

As for semaphores and Aldiss Lamps, no, I am not proficient in either. But we did use an AM modulated laser pens one field day to communicate a few Km between hilltops (with 1 cm^2 solar cell demodulators).

Austin

Reply to
austin

And to bring it back on topic, FPGA use in ham specific software defined radio (SDR) is gaining ground and momentum. There's already evidence of that here on this group.

Mike. N9XI

Reply to
MikeWhy

Well, does this

demo project count? I did it as a demo back in early 2003. It worked surprisingly well considering there is no analog front end.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

Whoa. What's really impressive is there looks to be room left on that -100 device for a HT and PSK decoder. Or is that block RAM showing in the FloorPlanner?

Reply to
MikeWhy

FYI, TI now makes a nifty eval board for their ADS554x family that includes a 3S250E on board, about $300 USD, that makes for a great low budget 'SDR' platform:

14-bit, 210 MSPS ADC XC3S250E with config flash expansion connectors for spare FPGA I/O

Brian

Reply to
Brian Davis

Hi Krunal, I understood you. English is a second language for me as well... Send me the files or links to them and I can see if I can make any sense for you... btw a tip... I would try to learn Mandarin instead of perfecting English.

-sanjay

Reply to
parekh.sh

Thanks. There are 6 of the Block Rams unused, and a few slices scattered around. With some thought and a little more optimization work I'm pretty sure I could get a PSK decoder in there. If I take out the programmable filters, I could do FM demodulation too (which doesn't need the programmable filters). It was a fun project. We had a good time with it at FCCM that year too, tuning broadcasts from Asia with a long-wire antenna strung out over the courtyard.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

Cool! That would have been nice to have back then. I spent about $400 between the burr brown eval and insight spartanII boards. Having the whole thing on one board would have been nice.

I did that design in about 3 weeks right before FCCM so that I'd have it for the demo night. Had I had more time, I was planning to optimize the design some more so that I could get a frequency display on the LCD on the board and some sort of interface (I was thinking a computer mouse) to tune it so that I could do without the laptop. I never got that far though.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

Very cool! Any plans to publish more details of the design?

Best regards, Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith