Interface on board ADC to Spartan 3E startkit

Hi, I want to interface on board ADC to spartan 3E startkit. Actually I am developing digital filter in FPGA for that I need ADC and DAC interface with Spartan 3E. I have done with DAC but now I want to interface amplifier and ADC which are on board in Spartan 3E starter kit .........If any one have it's VHDL or Verilog code please give me..........Even I have find a document for implementing amplifier and ADC usign picoblaze but I don't want it........So please help me...............

Thank you,

Regards, Krunal

Reply to
krunal

Where do you have problems with the ADC? If you have already done the DAC, the ADC should be very similar, because both chips on the Spartan3E starter kit uses the SPI protocol and are from the same company.

For some code to output something on the DAC, see this VHDL code:

The DAC parts needs about 30 lines. Reading the LTC1407 ADC and controlling the LTC6912 amplifier is very similar. Maybe you can save some LUTs, if you are using the Picoblaze.

Another interesting idea would be to implement some kind of very simple microcode to define which bytes needs to be transfered to which SPI ports and then using some BRAM (as ROM) to control it. But the Spartan 3E has many free LUTs, so you can do it in pure VHDL (but use functions and procedures to make the code less redundant).

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Hey! Even i am trying to interface adc on Spartan 3e can you help me out with the code as soon as possible!

Reply to
jayanth.kalvakuntla1996

Many people here sure can. Post your code and ask your questions

Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Matringe

Actually i want the whole code ..if you have it will you post it here it would be helpful for me

Reply to
jayanth.kalvakuntla1996

Actually i want the code..if you have it will you post it here it would be helpful!

Reply to
jayanth.kalvakuntla1996

This sounds like an assignment you've been given.

Shouldn't this work be your own?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Maybe you could tell us a bit more about this project of yours ?

Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Matringe

Lazy!

Reply to
Marco

We are'nt lazyy.....We have tried out all the ways of doing it but faced a lot of problems.If you have a solution,do help us.you have never seen us and trying to judge us.Dont be soo arrogant

Reply to
jayanth.kalvakuntla1996

Our project is to monitor industrial parameters using fpga and take possibl e corrective actions when these parameters go beyond their limits.So,we nee d to convert analog parameters to digital ones and that's the reason we nee d the interfacing code of adc with fpga.we tried all our ways,but could not do this.

Reply to
jayanth.kalvakuntla1996

Our project is to monitor industrial parameters using fpga and take possibl e corrective actions when these parameters go beyond their limits.So,we nee d to convert analog parameters to digital ones and that's the reason we nee d the interfacing code of adc with fpga.we tried all our ways,but could not do this.

Reply to
jayanth.kalvakuntla1996

Could you be so kind and name the ADC chip ? Brand ,model etc...

Best regards

Reply to
Adam Górski

Is this an SPI or I2C ADC?

If so there must be a number of working examples on the 'net.

Google is your friend.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Whenever I see a post involving a rather dated starter kit and an element of desperation implying a deadline I think of student.

When they want the code delivered saving them any work that might look like 'laziness' to those who read the post.

You've said in an earlier post "We tried all our ways, but could not do this."

If you post the code you have written you will no longer be considered lazy, until then....................... I won't be holding my breath!

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Obviously not.