Data Validity and Freshness

Hi all,

I am trying to interface a ADC with FPGA through SPI interface. FPGA will have SPI slave implemmented. Once i receive the data from ADC i am required to have some kind of data validity and freshness check. One way to check validity is to have data parity embedded with data but ARE THERE ANY OTHER OPTIONS because parity is prone to bit(s) error. Also i am required to have some logic for freshness. Please any suggestions or directions will be apperitiated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Fizzy

I read a little bit on this topic and found points which are as follow:

  1. Sender should be repsonsible to have a validity bit set with each frame to show the frame has valid data.
  2. Sender should compute an incremented CRC for each data frame and attach it with sending data for freshness.
  3. Receiver should extract the CRC and see if the CRC has incremented than data is fresh otherwise data is not freshed.
  4. Receiver should discard any incomming data if the validity criteria sent by the sender fails to satisfies.

Now any more suggestions for checking data validity and freshness

Reply to
Fizzy