two USB slave:Interface

I want to transfer data stream from one USB slave chip to another USB slave chip(single direction). Shall I interface a hub chip between them? Or can I interface them without a hub chip? May you please recommend some references?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Best regards, Davy

Reply to
Davy

refer to the USB spec, USB device only reply the command of USB host. so only can use host chip or OTG chip.

Reply to
victor-chen

You need a USB master, and it needs to manage the transfer from one slave to the other.

If you're early enough in the project keep in mind that IEEE-1394 is peer to peer. It's harder to build a 1394 peripheral, but you can do much more with it when you're done.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Hi,

Thank you all for your help?

I have two more problem:

For the "host" scheme, shall I have two chip one hub chip and one master chip to do the transfer?

For the "USB OTG" scheme, is the OTG a matured technology and is there any producer provide the OTG chip?

Best regards, Davy

Reply to
Davy

Between the two slaves (upstream ports as they are known in the spec) you need a device capable of acting as a host for each one. There are a number of hosts out there.

Cypress makes a nice one - CY7C67200/CY7C67300

OTG is fairly mature. You would have to replace your slaves (well, at least one of them) with an OTG device. If that's not possible, then use the multi host device.

Note that Philips makes hosts as well (ISP1362, for example), but I (and others) have had trouble making it work - seems to be the software stack, but we're really not sure. The ISP1362 has a host and a OTG port.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS