E1 stream and spartan 3E

Hey, i want to terminate my E1 line into the spartan 3E fpga board. Can someone tell me how will i do that.

I am terminating E1 line into SN75183 line driver which is giving me a differential output signal. Now i want to terminate this signal into FPGA board, how will i do that? and if you have any other way to interface E1 and FPGA kit, kindly tell that too.

Thanks Hassan

salimbaba

Hi Hassan,

Doing same thing right now. Just terminating to ARM instead of FPGA. I am using DS26521 transceiver from Maxim. I am sure you can make a small dev kit with DS25621 and then interface it to FPGA. You will get

3 lines for data - serial clock, serial data and sync impulses that will be high on frame borders. I made a deserializer from CPLD so I get 8bit wide parallel interface instead of serial data.

I don't know your requirements, maybe LIU would be enough instead of full transceiver. Anyway - check out maxim inventory - they have a lot of options for TDM.

Cheers, Justas

Reply to
Justas P