Clock J4

Dear,

I have a question regarding the "SMA connector J4" available on the Nios Development board, Stratix Edition. Can we use it only for an external clock? would it be possible to read any input signal from it, I have an idea how to get the clock so this is not an issue.

Thanks in advance, John.

Reply to
johngalil

Hi again,

After extensive reading and searching in documentation and board schematic. I found the place of R15 and R13. It looks like these 2 resistors play the role of the controller of the multiplexer which choose between the Y2 oscillator and the SMA connector. The question is:

Does anyone know how to do the change asked in the note below? This note is copied from the "Nios Development Board Reference Manual, Stratix Edition"

Note to Figure 1-21: (1) An external clock can be enabled by stuffing location R15 with a

49.9 ohm 0603 resistor and stuffing location R13 with a 330 ohm 0603 resistor.

Thanks in advance, John

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
johngalil