Altera NIOSII IDE problem???

Hi,

Enviroment Board : Nios development kit(cyclone edition)version 3.1 Quartus : version 4.2 NIOSII IDE : version 1.1.0(build 137) Host OS : Windows XP(German version)

I have used a standard project from the NIOS examples and downloaded the sof file through JTAG(ByteBlasterII) from quartus programmer.

When I try to download my software from the NIOSII IDE it gives me the following error

The instruction in "0x00709536" refers to memory in "0x00c8=E3d0".The procedure "READ" could not be executed on the memory"(translated from german to english).

I couldnt run my C software on the development kit because of this problem.I have even reinstalled both quartus and nios dev. kit.But the same response.

Is it a bug in NIOS software or on windows XP?

I will be obliged if anybody can help me to solve my problem.

Please let me know if more information needs to be provided.

Thanks in advance. Monica, Germany

Reply to
Monica

I'm using that same configuration except WINXP is english. I don't have any problems like you've described.

I have seen WinXP issues come up with drivers. But those problems were automatically reported through the OS and updates sent all in less that a week. So be sure you've got automatic updates turned on.

george

Reply to
GMM50

Monica,

The best place for NIOS problems is....

The forums are read by NIOS developers and experienced users.

You can also search to see if others have had the same problems.

Nial.

------------------------------------------------------------- Nial Stewart Developments Ltd FPGA and High Speed Digital Design

Nial Stewart

Have you tried to install QuartusII version 5.0 ?

When I had 4.2 installed I sometimes got a similar abnormal abortion when trying to open my programmer.

Rgds Andr=E9

Nial Stewart schrieb:

Reply to
ALuPin