Chipscope Pro

I'm confused (doesn't take much these days). I'm thinking of using Chipscope.

The Xilinx shop says

'License Note: In order to use the ChipScope Pro, you must instantiate any of the ILA, IBA, ATC or ATC2 cores within your Xilinx design. Therefore, you will need to be a licensed user of a Xilinx development system in order to implement your design.'

Am I a licensed user if I use Webpack 7.x, or do I need Foundation ?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

As far as I know, you have to buy a separate license for Chipscope.

Reply to
motty

Dave

I think those words refer to having bought a Chipscope license. For build I think you should be ok with Webpack providing it covers the device you are using.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan-3 Development Board.

John Adair

You will, however, need a licensed copy of ChipScope in order to use the actual ILA application on a PC. I believe that you can request a trial license from Xilinx that's good for at least 30 days.

Reply to
jeffcannon