Chipscope and debugger through the same JTAG port

I am getting from time to time garbage (all signals high) displayed in the Chipscope after successful triggering (which would not have happened if all the signals were indeed high). The debugger (gdb) seems to indicate that the transaction was in fact successful... So, I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and whether it has anything to do to the fact that I am using the same JTAG port for both?

Thanks, /Mikhail

Reply to
MM

I run xmd and chipscope together all the time on the same JTAG port. In fact, recently I was debugging 2 different systems simultaneously with one JTAG cable. I'd plug into one system and do some xmd commands, unplug the flying leads, plug into the other board and trigger chipscope. Nither was confused.

Did you have any timing errors after routing the chip with the chipscope inserted? That might cause errors in the ChipScope display.

--
Joe Samson
Pixel Velocity

Joseph,

I might have had a few timing errors, which could affect some of the channels but not all... What kind of cable (USB, parallel, etc.) are you using and what chip/CPU combination?

Thanks, /Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Parallel Cable IV running under XP, connecting to Virtex2Pro, Virtex4 FX60 and Virtex 4 SX55.

--
Joe Samson
Pixel Velocity

Hmm... The only difference I can see is that I am using a Platform Cable USB... The chip is V4FX60 and I am using its PPC core...

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM