Redhat GDB Debugger problem with 80200EVB board. I got the error "Remote failure reply: E03"

I am working on a university research project and I got this problem. I tried to use Redhat GDB debugger to send an exe program to 80200EVB board in Microsoft window 2000. I can successfully connect the 80200EVB board by the serial cable, and Redhat GDB debugger can detect the connection. The target setting was remote/series. I use the download option in Redhat GDB debugger to download the program, and Redhat GDB debugger showed that the program was downloaded. However, whenever I tried to run the program, the error "Remote failure reply:E03" comes out. Does anyone have idea what could be the problem? Here is the C source of the program I tried to run on the board:

/* * * Test program * * Sets the led and the 20-pin header to value of i. * *

  • */

int main( void ) {

char *led; char *jtag; int i = 2;

i++; i++;

jtag = (char* ) 0x6a0000; led = (char* ) 0x500000;

//*jtag = i; *led = i;

while( 1 ); return 1; }

Thanks, Benjamin

Reply to
Benjamin.Yau

Benjamin Yau

For reference, the 80200EVB board is from ADI Engineering.

Reply to
Benjamin Yau