Can ISE text editor generate CRLF line endings?

Is it possible to get the ISE 8.2i text editor to use CRLF for line endings on a Windows system? It seems to use LF only, and I can't find an editor option to control it. Their LF convention is causing complications for me because I use source code control (CVS) for my VHDL files.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
EdJ

Well, at the risk of sounding annoying by not answering the question... why not just use your favorite text editor, rather than the one built into ISE? ISE will still correctly recognize when the source files have changed when you save them.

Reply to
Duane Clark

Another very simple option is to use DOS2UNIX / UNIX2DOS and post process the file.

Apart from that, what complication does it cause? I've written boatloads of code under *nix and every text editor there uses LF (not CR-LF) and I never had any issues with CVS storing those files.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

file.

I agree. Curious, have you ever used the program "conv" instead? It is part of the Cygwin toolset on XP.

It automagically detects the current format and changes it to the other.

Pete

Reply to
Petrov_101