.ise project files, episode N+1

>Yet again I've had to completely re-build a project because >Navigator corrupted the .ise file and the backup version. >

Although the "right" answer probably is to use a makefile, I recently noticed the following Answer Records regarding the use of external text files to import/export all XST HDL source files:

Answer Record: 23141 8.2i XST - "ERROR:HDLParsers:3501 - Circular dependency is not supported!" see the "Creating a Custom Compile File for Synthesis" section

Answer Record: 23672 8.2i ISE - Is there a way to list of all source files in an ISE project?

Also, some earlier .ise recovery notes from

>If you haven't already spotted them, here's a few things that can help >with the #$%&^! .ise file problems: > > - there's a tcl script mentioned in Answer Record 21067 that converts > from .ise ASCII dump > > - try using the .ise_ISE_Backup file when the .ise has been corrupted > > - for the registry key to edit to prevent opening last project, see : > Answer Record: 20892 8.1i ISE - Project Navigator hangs at startup > and project does not open >

Brian

Reply to
Brian Davis