Altera winner?

Does anyone know who won the camera from Altera on that Cyclone 2 web presentation?

Reply to
Jerry

I got a tee shirt, I could only assume it's someone that works for Altera

Reply to
Captain Bly

WOW, you got the tee-shirt? I didn't even get to register to win the camera after sitting through an hour of rehashed info then listening to questions that were answered by the marketerr. Yes I did complain to Altera about it but it hasn't done me any good. The big question is will this incident affect my decision to go Altera or Xilinx on the next design? No it won't. So only one person on this newsgroup got a tee-shirt? I thought the first

300 were going to receive one.

ARRRRRGGGGG oh wait.................... If you are saying ARRRRRRGGGGG a lot lately you may be designing with Altera.

Reply to
Jerry

Altera

camera

it

You know how it, if you give Altera $100K in orders then they will get you a tee shirt "after you win a contest"

- actually who knows, maybe the other 299 tee-shirt wins don't subscribe to this group.

Reply to
Captain Bly

Hey, a few years back (perhaps do a Google Groups search!) somebody posted a complaint here saying, "Hey, Xilinx, your ad said to go to your website and sign up for something and Xilinx will send you a free t-shirt and I never got the t-shirt!" A whole bunch of us replied with a "Me, too!"

Very soon after that, I got a Xilinx WebPack t-shirt in the mail.

Hey, Altera: Where's my t-shirt?

Andy Peters

5511 E Rosewood St Tucson, AZ 85711
Reply to
Andy Peters

Hi Jerry,

presentation?

I hear that we publish the list of winners for contests in a monthly Altera Net Seminar newsletter. The winner of the camera is an engineer in Beaverton, Oregon. Altera is checking with him to see if we can publish his name and company name.

camera

it

I'm told by our online marketing group that the survey at the end of the net seminar was likely blocked if you have a "pop-up blocker" installed on your web browser. Regardless of whether this was the cause, I apologize if you did not get a chance to submit a survey and enter the draw.

Of all the places we have to cut costs, giving out fewer than 300 shirts is probably low on the list! We have tens of thousands of users, only a fraction of whom frequent this group. If you really want a shirt, drop me an email -- I have a shelf at home full of various cuts, colours, slogans, fonts, quality and wear levels ;-)

Regards,

Paul Leventis Altera Corp.

Reply to
Paul Leventis (at home)

I am just ticked off that I didn't have a chance to win that camera. Maybe there is more people like me that didn't have a chance to win. I already have a Stratix shirt which is nice. Its even nice than the one I have from Chip Express. I don't have one from Xilinx ...... yet.

I don't have a pop up blocker since I get all kinds of loan, lonely heart and insurance offers as I surf around looking for the latest tech advances.

Altera

his

by

No

net

your

first

is

Reply to
Jerry

Google, the company that tries to "Do No Evil" , has a toolbar addon/plugin for common web browsers:

It's Free, it's easy and convenient to use, and it has an excellent pop-up and pop-under blocker. Probbably the most anti-evil thing I have on my computer, and very well appreciated.

Philip

=================== Philip Freidin snipped-for-privacy@fpga-faq.com Host for

Philip Freidin

Or get a copy of firefox and install the pop up blocker for that.

Small fast and standards compliant.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson