Altera SOPC ModelSim question

I'm trying to construct a SOPC component of JOP [1]. As it did not work in the FPGA on the first try (of course) I would like to simulate it with ModelSim (Altera version).

However, when I start ModelSim from Quartus I get following error:

# ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find C:\altera\Modeltech_ae\win32aloem/../altera/vhdl/altera.altera_europa_support_lib. # ** Error: D:/usr/cpu/jop/quartus/tmp/jop_system.vhd(24): (vcom-1195) Cannot find expanded name: 'altera.altera_europa_support_lib'. # ** Error: D:/usr/cpu/jop/quartus/tmp/jop_system.vhd(24): Unknown record element "altera_europa_support_lib".

I found the VHDL file in the Quartus directory. Do I need to compile it (once ?) with ModelSim, or is there a PATH issue?

Versions: Quartus 6.0sp1, ModelSim ALTERA 6.1d

Thanks, Martin

[1]
Martin Schoeberl

Compile it.

KJ

Reply to
KJ

... when working with UNIX, you may want to use a specified script, forcing the compiler to put everything required into the "work" directory as destination with one "click".

Reply to
homoalteraiensis