Where to buy a secondhand scope at secondhand prices.

I'm in the market for a scope upgrade, and I kinda like the look of the Tek DPSO jobs. Havent settled on a spec yet, was looking around to see what turned up. There are screeds of brokers out there who are happy to sell me a "refurbished (polish the knobs ?)" one for 80% of new price, but that seems like a rotten deal - Q: Where do THEY buy their stock from ? I'd like to buy at a realistic second hand price. I know abou EBAY already. cheers Mike

Reply to
me

The flea markets at hamfests can carry some pretty good deals for analog scopes. Digital models can be obtained at pretty good prices from the rental houses - TRS, Electro-Rent, Continental Resources, etc. where its calibrated and probably warranted for some period of time.

Good probes and enough memory to capture the signals that are of real interest to you will help keep it from being a rotten deal.

Good luck!

John

JS

JS wrote in news:051220030657301835% snipped-for-privacy@removethisamsat.org:

from companies selling off no longer needed equipment.

Warning!!! Certain TEK scope lines are no longer supported by TEK in any manner,parts ,manuals or service by TEK. Check the TEK "Long Term Product Support(LTPS) list to be certain.

Some TDS scopes may be 'obsolete' (according to TEK)and their manuals contain NO schematics,and require a PC and cal software (and cal standards)to calibrate them.They are intended to be serviced by module exchange and TEK will not have exchange modules for them anymore.

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
jyanik-at-kua.net