Where to buy flux in a bottle?

Hi there - A friend of mine used to always have flux in a bottle that had a nice needle tip dispenser. I found it much more useful than a flux pen. I found bottles like that at Stanley Supply - but I can't seem to find flux in a bottle. I am currently using Kester no clean flux, so I'd like to find something as close to that as possible (though as far as I can tell Kester does not sell flux in bottles - only in pens). Any suggestions? Thanks!

-Michael

Reply to
Michael

Is this of any help?

Charles

I have the Kester pens. I can hear the liquid splashing inside when it's shaked. Maybe get the pens and just drain them. On one occasion, I was tempted to clip off a pen, drain it and put the flux in a syringe. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

I must be using the "hybrid" approach.? I buy the flux in a little glass jar, and then pour some of that into a small plastic bottle that has a needle dispensing style tip. Works great.

Reply to
mpm

You need to find an industrial supplier; Newark Electronics, for instance, has seven types of Kester flux available by the gallon. I've even seen gallons of flux at the grocery store (Fry's, in bay area, a decade or more ago).

Reply to
whit3rd

Mmmm deep fried flux fries :) D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Martin Riddle

I have bought Multicore RMA flux in a 200mL plastic bottle. IIRC, it was also available in 1 litre jugs, and it was Farnell selling it.

Barry

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Warton Metals sells gel flux in a syringe, it's very useful.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

My Dad (RIP) used to tell stories about his job at the Hormel packing plant (Austin, MN) when he was a kid. One of his jobs was to put rubber bands around the snouts of hog carcasses which were about to be dipped in rosin to have their bristles pulled out, kinda like a whole-pig wax job. ;-)

I once used some liquid flux on my fingers to get some grip while tying waxed lacing cord inside an airplane fuselage (which are all saturated with oily crud).

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rosin is well known for increasing grip.

Reply to
Charles

Yes, thanks. That's why I used it - I just slopped some on my fingers and let it dry. This stuff smelled pretty pleasant - kinda piney-fresh(tm). ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I think it comes from pine sap.

Reply to
Charles

That's why musicians put rosin on their bows, AFAIUI, and athletes might use a rosin bag to increase their grip on a ball or whatever.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany