Needed Impedance meter

Hi,

I've searched the web, the telephone guides and a couple of companies.

I just cannot find a simple, portable, suitable impedance meter.

All I need is a meter that generates a 1000Hz signal and usus that to measure the impedance of a speakerloop. It will vary from something like 10 ohms to 1000 ohms (100V systems)

We even have 2 of them !!!! But they were made by Sennheiser (yes, the one from the headphones) but they no longer make them..... The ones we have even have a selectable measuring frequency, but that isn't even too important...

Maybe I'm using the wrong English name, because I cannot imagine that noone makes these things anymore.

Help!??!?

R-P

Reply to
Ric-Paul Hammink

I can only guess you're searching for "impedance meter." Perhaps you should try "impedance bridge."

--
After being targeted with gigabytes of trash by the "SWEN" worm, I have
concluded we must conceal our e-mail address.  Our true address is the

How about:

FYI, my personal favorite is the H-P 4800 vector impedance meter. These appear on Ebay occasionally, and the prices are usually affordable.

Brian Aase

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Brian Aase

R-P

All I need is a meter that generates a 1000Hz signal and usus that to measure the impedance of a speakerloop. It will vary from something like 10 ohms to

1000 ohms (100V systems)

At work we periodically needed to make this measurement. We used a 10 ohm 2 watt resistor in series with the load. All it took was a simple math calculation to get the load impedance. We had it set up on a programmable math calculator. Be sure the resistor is less than 10% of the load impedance. Lessens the error. Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

measure

2

math

TENMA 72-6947 DIGITAL AUDIO IMPEDANCE METER WITH CARRY CASE AND LEADS $199.00

--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net  (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the

Tweetldee