Where to buy?

I'd like to go out and just buy an IR transmitter... 10-key-pad and a matching receiver... logic or switch-closures as output.

Where do I find such a thing?

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

If you aren't restricted to using IR and don't mind buying a Chinese product, then take a look at the unit on Ebay at

I bought one of these units 8-10 months ago (a 4-channel model), and it works beautifully. I use it to control the security camera and intercom at my home.

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Maybe this?

Martin Riddle

This might be a deal if it included a receiver, and the notice:

WE'RE VERY SORRY THIS ITEM IS TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK

kinda kills the mood.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
DaveM

Sorry, didnt see the out of stock. And Yes the receiver is seperate.

Its just simple IR remotes/receivers are a custom thing.

Martin Riddle

message

Looks good. Do you have a brand name/part number? (I'm not fond of screwing with ebay.)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

message

Never been one to play ebay, but I got it for $3 over minimum. From the specs, it should be perfect for my application. I'll let you know, once it arrives. THANKS!

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
DaveM

I think you'll be pretty happy with it. I've had no problems with mine. The nice part about it is the versatility. Curious... what is the intended application?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
DaveM

message

VERY important stuff... remote controlling my pool lights, the spa, the misters, the solar heat, the spa heat pump, etc. ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Ohh yeahhh. Those are some of the most important things that need to be controlled... along with wives and girlfriends. {:>) Oh, and KIDS!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
DaveM

message

It breaks the rhythm when you have to get out of the spa to turn off the spa lights ;-)