USB OHCI software

Hi folks,

are there any software reference implementation for USB OHCI controllers?

The microcontroller I'm working on, has an OHCI controller but I really don't know where to start.

Basically, I need to read a USB flash disk.

thanks in advance for any help,

Enrico

Reply to
zigbee

It must be secret microcontroller.

So we can not help you.

Reply to
Donald

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/papers/hcir1_0a.pdf

You've got a *few* more layers to go after that OHCI HC driver ;-) But you asked!

See for the standard stuff and think "Mass Storage Device".

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
Reply to
Michael N. Moran

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the link. It does contain some pieces of code but it's not a stand alone "OHCI library" :-(

I got a filesystem. I'm looking for an ohci library and the implementation of some SCSI commad to access the USB disk. The only OHCI open source code I found is embedded in the Linux kernel. At first glance, it seems well written but I don't know how difficult would be extract it from the kernel and compile it as a stand alone library. Yet, I really don't know how to debug it on WindowsXP because I think that USB code must be executed as a device driver.

Enrico

Reply to
zigbee

Reference or a product.

We sell a stack together with Sciopta, also there is e.g. HCC Embedded or On Time which sell standalone stacks.

Look at HCC Embedded, AFAIR they have a stripped down stack for USB disk.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)

Hi

A reference implementation means 1 or 2 months of my work. An affordable and reliable product would be interesting.

To read a flash USB disk, a fully fledged HOST library is too much.

Ok, I'll take a look at your product.

Ok, thanks :-)

Enrico

Reply to