about ohci 1394 driver

hi, i am writting ohci 1394 driver. I have read the source code in linux kernel, it's very complicated. I initialize the TI ohci controller like linux(But not initialize the DMA context), install the interrupt handler.

I think there will be a interrupt when I reset the 1394 bus, but no.

the ohci 1394 driver is very complicated, can any one give me some information about it.

any tips will be great help.

thanks.

hu

Unless you can deal with a subset of the spec, not much you can do.

Everything you need is in the linux kernel and is very complicated. What else can I say?

Reply to
linnix

Why? For what context?

Well, that may well be because the matter itself is very complicated. As a rough measure of complexity, just look at the OHCI specification itself: that's 160 pages of pretty dense description. And that's just the generic part.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker