USB Flash disk controllers

We are looking for a USB flash disk controller chip, requiring a minimum of programming/development on the card, and hopefully nothing on the PC side. Basically, we want to be able to make a simple USB flash key-ring device. A quick google search turned up Alcor Micro AU9380, which looks like the sort of thing we are after. Has anyone used these chips, or anything similar? Or has anyone used other such controllers? The main part of the card will hopefully just be one of these controllers connected to a flash chip - other bits and pieces on the card will mostly be independant.

Thanks,

David Brown Norway.

Reply to
David

Hi David, the AT89C5130/1/2 chips will do what you want.

8051 with built in flash + USB + flash card interface.. Demo disk contains application to do USB Flash disk Fully available (at least the 31 and 32) from Your friendly local distributors.

For storage, you can use the AT45 Dataflash.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com