Snowball: interesting ARM board

FYI,

While checking what ARM development boards are fashionable nowadays, I stumbled upon this:

For anybody interested in avionics, what sets this board apart from others is the inclusion of a 3-axis magnetometer and a 3-axis gyro, in addition to a now common 3-axis accelerometer.

Of course, a real inertial navigation or autopilot system would more likely locate these sensors in a separate pod, away from EMI sources, ferrous materials, power delivery circuits, etc., but having them ready "out of the box" simplifies development.

Downloads here:

-- Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group, return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman

Roberto Waltman skrev 2011-10-19 18:04:

It is a cool booard, but an issue is the CPU. It is from ST-Ericsson, and is *may* be available for the next three years according to Björn Ekelund, one of the key managers at ST-Ericsson, speaking at the Android day in Stockholm. Based on the reaction from the audience, they may of course reconsider - I hope so...

BR Ulf Samuelsson

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson