ARM development board recommendation

Hi,

I'm getting started with Linux embedded development and i'm looking for my first board. The minimum requirements are:

- ARM CPU

- Linux support (mainline without 3rd party patches)

- U-Boot support (without 3rd party patches)

- JTAG port

- Ethernet

- 1 or more serial ports

- price tag

Reply to
Matthias Kaehlcke

Hi I'm using currently an arm board by technologic (ts7300), several models in different price categories. There is a backdraw: it's a 2.4 kernel, but there is a rtai variant available for free. If you've a lot of time you could create your own 2.6kernel, which I did for board with another processor type. We are currently designing a fpga extension board for some telemetry tests with it. taco

Reply to
TW

"Matthias Kaehlcke" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

You could try the AVR32 Gateway at $69... Linux 2.6.21.1 has AVR32 support U-Boot has AVR32 support.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Thanks for your suggestion. I fear right now i don't have the skills to write a port for 2.6, maybe this could be a nice task in the future after having gained some experience on a out-of-the box supported board

Matthias Kaehlcke Linux Application Developer Barcelona

The yellow ships hung in the air just like bricks dont do (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

using free software / Debian GNU/Linux |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4

Reply to
Matthias Kaehlcke

meddelandetnews: snipped-for-privacy@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

I already had a look at it after reading its announcement on linuxdevices.com. It's one of my candidates if i don't find a suitable ARM board.

Thanks

Matthias Kaehlcke Linux Application Developer Barcelona

The yellow ships hung in the air just like bricks dont do (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

using free software / Debian GNU/Linux |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4

Reply to
Matthias Kaehlcke

| Matthias Kaehlcke wrote: | | Hi I'm using currently an arm board by technologic (ts7300), several models | in different price categories. There is a backdraw: it's a 2.4 kernel, but | there is a rtai variant available for free. If you've a lot of time you | could create your own 2.6kernel, which I did for board with another | processor type.

Is that "

"? I hope they have some other domain name, as the "
" site is pure flash, totally lame and useless.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN (ka9wgn.ham.org)  /  Do not send to the address below |
| first name lower case at ipal.net   /  spamtrap-2007-05-26-2307@ipal.net |
phil-news-nospam

snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

Try

Regards, Steve

Reply to
Steve Calfee

On Sun, 27 May 2007 23:47:49 +0000 Steve Calfee wrote: | snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com: | |> On Thu, 24 May 2007 15:53:22 +0200 TW |> wrote: |> |>| Matthias Kaehlcke wrote: |> |> Is that "

"? I hope they have some other domain |> name, as the "
" site is pure flash, totally lame |> and useless. |> | Try
| | Regards, Steve

Thanks. That comes up OK.

Some day, I'd hope to find one or more manufacturers of boards for a wide variety of architectures (including ARM, MIPS, PPC, and in both endians) for a variety of form factors to also include ITX and [u]ATX.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN (ka9wgn.ham.org)  /  Do not send to the address below |
| first name lower case at ipal.net   /  spamtrap-2007-05-27-1856@ipal.net |
phil-news-nospam