Program size - Microblaze

Hi,

I want to know the average size of the programs for microblaze (Xilkernel, Uart managment, SRAM managment, Ethernet with Lwip). I think that the size of my program is enormous. Even if i choose optimization in compiler option, the program size is too big.

My Progam size : 900 ko (My Code, Xilkernel without Lwip)

Size of executable.elf

Microblaze OPB | - SRAM Controller | - Ethernet Lite | - UART Lite | - UART 16550 | - Timer | - Interrupt controller | - IPIF with 3 interrupt

Thank you. Best regards.

--
Yannick
Reply to

?

I presume this is supposed to say 900KBytes? How are you obtaining this figure? Are you looking at the raw binary, or some other format such as elf or hex?

--
Regards,
Richard.

That's sort of like asking "How long is a piece of string?"

My guess is that it will be somewhere between several kilobytes and a couple of megabytes. Give or take.

G.

Reply to
ghelbig

Which would make the average about 1 megabyte. :-)

CBFalconer

executable.elf is not only program instructions and initialized data. Research what all an ELF file contains.

--
Dan Henry
Reply to

Depends on the distribution. A million 7-Kb programs and one 2-Mb program will have an average[1] size of slightly over 7 Kb.

Phil

[1] Well, mean. Mode and median are exactly 7Kb.
--
Philip Potter pgp  doc.ic.ac.uk
Reply to

On MicroBlaze, a lot of the standard library functions can swell the executable massively. For example, don't use printf() if you can avoid it - use the slimline xil_printf() instead.

Phil